Less than a month away until Super Bowl Sunday!! Are you excited? I know I am! If you’re planning on having some game day gatherings over the next few weekends, then I highly suggest making some spirited treats! These game day snacks are perfect no matter what team you’re rooting for!
1. CHIPTOLE CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS
Preparation Time: 20 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 20 Mins.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise or mustard
- 20 Keebler® Town House® Flipsides® Original crackers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons spicy Montreal steak seasoning blend
- 5 slices cheddar cheese, cut into twenty 2- x 1-inch rectangles
- 5 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spread mayonnaise on KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE FLIPSIDES Original crackers. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine ground beef and seasoning. Use rounded tablespoonfuls to divide meat mixture into 20 portions. Form each portion into 2- x 1-inch oval. In 12-inch skillet cook burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Remove from heat, keeping burgers in skillet. Top each with cheese piece. Cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top each cracker with burger and tomato slice.
Recipe by SnackPics.com
2. FOOTBALL PEPERONI PIZZA
- 1 pizza dough or pre-made crust
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced white cheese, cut in strips such as Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Make sure the pizza dough is room temperature. Spread dough over, or place pizza crust in pizza pan. Add pizza sauce and then cheese. Top with pepperoni in the shape of a football.
- Place Swiss cheese strips in the middle of your pepperoni football.
- Bake according to pizza dough instructions.
Recipe by PinPicker
3. FOOTBALL COVERED STRAWBERRIES
- Bakers dipping chocolate (milk)
- Williams Sonoma White chocolate decorating pen
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip strawberries allowing excess chocolate to fall back into the container
- Allow chocolate to harden by placing strawberries on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Once hardened, apply white chocolate accents.
Recipe by Style Me Mamie
4. FOOTBALL WHOOPIE PIES
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Whip together for 2-3 minutes.
- On a parchment paper, scoop out batter into round mounds. You can use a small ice cream scoop that measured 1 2/3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 8 minutes then let them cool.
- For the icing, in your KitchenAid with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and sugar (start with 3 cups of powdered sugar, then add more if necessary for thickness). Whip for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scoop into a pastry bag with the end cut with a ½ inch opening.
- Pipe icing onto the bottom of each cookie (wrong side up), then top with another cookie (right side up).
- Apply frosting onto the top of each whoopie pie to create football accents.
Recipe by Jenny Steffens